Slow Cooker Beef Tips Recipe
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 6:15 h
- Ready In: 7:55 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3 g
Trans Fat4 g
Unsaturated Fat1.0 g
Slow cooker beef tips recipe – Beef Tips are a simple, yet elegant dish that can be served with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta.
The 5 Best Recipes For Slow Cooker Beef Tips And What You Can Do With Them
Beef tips are a flavorful and easy meal to prepare. They can be used in many different dishes and they are perfect for a family dinner, or even for a party.
1. Crockpot Beef Tips With Rice and Vegetables: This is an easy dish to make that will leave you with leftovers for lunch the next day. You can use beef tips as an ingredient in rice, or serve them over rice with vegetables as well.
2. Slow Cooker Beef Tips With Creamed Corn: This is a dish that will remind you of your childhood, but it’s just so much better because it’s made with slow cooker beef tips! You can serve this dish over rice or mashed potatoes if you want to go the extra mile.
3. Crockpot Beef Tips Tacos: This is a great meal for an easy dinner. It’s also a great way to make leftovers stretch to the next day. . Serve these tacos with a side of rice.
4. Slow Cooker Beef Tips With Cauliflower Mash: This is another dish that will remind you of your childhood, but it’s just so much better because it’s made with slow cooker beef tips! You can serve this dish over mashed potatoes or rice if you want to go the extra mile.
5. Slow Cooker Beef Tips With Greek Yogurt: If you’re feeling a little light-hearted, serve this dish with a side of rice and strawberries.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips Recipe
You may like as well:
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) beef top sirloin, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ oz (45 ml) water
- 1 oz (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add half of the cubed beef—season with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt and black pepper. Sear, stirring, for a few minutes without cooking it through. Remove seared beef from the skillet using a slotted spoon and transfer it to a slow cooker. Add remaining vegetable oil and repeat with remaining beef, seasoning salt, and black pepper.
Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to the slow cooker. Sprinkle mixture with Italian seasoning and thyme. Top with diced onion and garlic. Add bay leaf.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours, or until beef is fork-tender.
In a small mixing bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Mix until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Open the lid and add the cornstarch mixture to the slow cooker. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is thickened, for a further 10 minutes.
Discard bay leaf. Remove cooked beef with vegetables and gravy from the slow cooker and transfer to serving plates. Serve over mashed potatoes.