Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Chicken breasts with vegetables cooked in slow cooker Serve this delicious slow cooker Brunswick stew with warm biscuits for real home taste.
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cut into cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 15 oz (450 ml) can butter beans,rinsed and drained
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,undrained
- 1 cup (250 g) whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup (125 g) chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (125 g) green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 g) sliced fresh okra
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients.except okra,cornstarch,water and seasoning. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours,adding okra during last 20 minutes .
In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and water. Mix well.
Add cornstarch mixture to slow cooker,stirring 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.