Slow Cooker Chicken Parmigiana2016-02-14
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup (250 g) Italian bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 14 oz (420 ml) jar pizza sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl,combine beaten egg,salt and pepper. Whisk well.
Dip chicken breasts into egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs.
Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and saute in hot butter. Transfer chicken to a slow cooker.
Pour pizza sauce over chicken. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Layer mozzarella cheese over top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover slow cooker and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe