Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with Pepper and Pineapple
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:15 h
- Ready In: 8:25 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless,skinless chicken breasts,cut into 1-inch (2,5 cm) cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ginger,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 ml) pineapple chunks in juice,drained,juice reserved
- 1 red bell pepper,cut into 1-inch (2,5 cm) pieces
Combine all ingredients,except cornstarch pineapple and bell pepper,in mixing bowl. Mix well. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice. Mix well. Stir into chicken mixture. Stir in pineapple chinks and bell pepper.
Switch heat setting to high. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.