Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with Pepper and Pineapple2012-11-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:15 h
- Ready In : 8:25 h
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless,skinless chicken breasts,cut into 1-inch (2,5 cm) cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ginger,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 ml) pineapple chunks in juice,drained,juice reserved
- 1 red bell pepper,cut into 1-inch (2,5 cm) pieces
Combine all ingredients,except cornstarch pineapple and bell pepper,in mixing bowl. Mix well. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice. Mix well. Stir into chicken mixture. Stir in pineapple chinks and bell pepper.
Switch heat setting to high. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe