Slow Cooker Chocolate-Zucchini Cake2015-07-19
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 g) applesauce
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups (310 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup (250 g) finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup (60 g) semisweet chocolate morsels
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
In a large mixing bowl,combine butter,applesauce and sugar. Beat until smooth.
Stir in beaten egg,buttermilk and vanilla. Mix in combined dry ingredients,except powdered sugar. Mix in zucchini and chocolate morsels.
Transfer batter to greased and floured 6-cup fluted cake pan. Place cake pan on rack in 6 quart (6 L) slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool baked chocolate-zucchini cake on wire rack for 10 minutes,then invert cake onto rack and cool.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe