Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Stew
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.4 / 5)
5people rated this recipe
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked ricw,warm
- finely chopped fresh cilantro,as garnish
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except cornstarch,lime juice,salt,cayenne pepper,rice and cilantro. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Switch heat to high and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and lime juice,stirring 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
Remove coconut chicken stew with sauce from slow cooker. Serve over cooked rice. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.