Slow Cooker Country Captain Chicken
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 6:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1 medium sweet onion,peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 poinds (1.44 kg) skinless chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced timatoes,undrianed
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca,crushed
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
In a slow cooker,layer onion,chicken drumsticks,raisins and garlic.
In a large mixing bowl,combine tomatoes,tapioca,curry powder,salt,cumin and mace. Mix well.Pour tomato mixture over mixture in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours or until chicken drumsticks are tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Remove cooked chicken with vegetables from slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter. Serve over cooked rice.