Slow Cooker French Country Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 8 oz (240 g) dried navy cannellini beans,rinsed and drained
- 1 pound (480 g) lean beef
- 4 cups (1 L) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots,peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 stalks celery,cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm ) pieces
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 6 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary,crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a Dutch oven,combine drained beans and enough water to cover beans by 2-inches (5 cm). Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer,uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cover and set aside for 1 hour. Drain and rinse cooked beans again.
In a slow cooker,combine cooked beans and remaining ingredients. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Remove from slow cooker,discard bay leaves and ladle into bowls.