Slow Cooker Honey-Garlic Chicken Breasts
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 4 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup (125 g) clear honey
- 1/2 cup (125 G) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 g) hoisin sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- chopped green onions for garnish
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl,combine honey,soy sauce,hoisin sauce,minced garlic and sriracha sauce. Stir well and pour sauce over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked chicken breasts to a large bowl,reserving cooking liquid. Using two forks,shred chicken. Cover bowl with aluminum foil and keep heat in.
Transfer reserved sauce from slow cooker to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
In a small mixing bowl,combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir until dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce pan.Stir until thickened.
Immediately remove sauce from the heat and pour over shredded chicken. Sprinkle with green onions,serve and enjoy!