Slow Cooker Island Chicken Stew
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.1 g
Trans Fat0.1 g
Unsaturated Fat0.2 g
Slow Cooker Island Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pounds (1.96 kg) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cut into strips
- 3/4 pound (360 g) mushrooms,sliced
- 1/4 pound (120 g) ham,diced
- 2 medium yellow onions,peeled and diced
- 1 sweet bell pepper,cored and diced
- 6 cloves garlic,peeled adn diced
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) roasted tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) dry white wine
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon apple apple cider vinegar
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
Cover the cooker and cook on a high-heat setting for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fork-tender.
Turn off the slow cooker. Discard bay leaves. Transfer chicken stew to a serving platter. Serve over cooked rice.