Slow Cooker Mushroom and Fennel Ragout
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 9:00 h
- Ready In: 9:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker mushroom and fennel ragout. This delicious vegetable ragout cooked in a slow cooker. Thick, rich and well-seasoned.
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 8 oz (240 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 8 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
In a 3½-4 quart (3 ½-4 L) slow cooker, combine fennel bulbs, mushrooms, tomatoes, cabbage, and vegetable broth. Sprinkle with tapioca, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours.