Slow Cooker Pasilla Black Bean Soup
- Yield : 4 soup bowls
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker pasilla black bean soup. Spicy soup with beans and vegetables cooked in slow cooker. Add 1-2 teaspoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to this bean soup to get a hot and smoky flavor accent.
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 6 dried pasilla chiclies,steme and seeded,torn into pieces
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,undrained
- 15 oz (450 ml) can black beans,rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno chili
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning. Mix well.
Cover cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours or until beans are tender.
Turn off slow cooker and open the lid. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro,if desired.