Slow Cooker Penne with Mushroom-Beef Sauce
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7:00 h
- Ready In : 7:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker penne with mushroom-beef sauce.This tasty penne recipe belongs to Italian Cuisine.Ground beef with vegetables,mushrooms and spices cooked in slow cooker. Serve this slow cooker penne with homemade mushroom-beef sauce hot.
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) extra-lean beef
- 2 cans (15 oz (450 ml) each)) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14 ½ oz (435 ml)) each diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and sweet onion,undrained
- 2 cans (6 oz (180 ml) each) sliced mushrooms
- 2 ½ cups frozen pepper stir-fry,thawed and drained
- 1 cup (250 ml) nonfat beef broth
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 oz (480 g) penne pasta,cooked and drained
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
Grease large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned and crumbled. Drain well and set aside.
In a slow cooker,combine cooked beef and remaining ingredients,except penne pasta and cheese. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.
Turn off slow cooker. Remove cooked mixture from slow cooker. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve over cooked penne pasta.