Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Beef short ribs with vegetables and beer cooked in slow cooker
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 pounds(1.440 kg) beef chuck short ribs,bone in
- 2 onions,peeled and quartered
- 2 carrots,cut into large chunks
- 2 parsnips,cut into large chunks
- 2 turnips,peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley,stems and leaves separated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz(360 ml) dark beer
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
Preheat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet.
Season short ribs with salt and black pepper.
Cook the short ribs,in a batches until browned,for 3-4 minutes per side.
In a slow cooker,combine half of onions and carrots;season with salt and black pepper. Place cooked beef short ribs on top. Add remaining onions and carrots along with parsnips and turnips.
In a mixing bowl,combine rosemary,thyme,parsley stems,Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Mix well and pour mixture over beef shorts ribs. Add water to cover the contents.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Remove cooked vegetables and meat from slow cooker.
Strain the juices and serve beef short ribs hot. Garnish with chopped parsley leaves.