Slow Cooker Smoky Tomato Bisque
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker smoky tomato bisque.Very delicious tomato soup with pork hocks and vegetables cooked in slow cooker.Smoked pork hocks give a rich flavor to this this soup.
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) beef broth
- 28 oz (840 ml) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz (180 ml) can tomato paste
- 2 small smoked pork hocks
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato,peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot,peeled and sliced
- 1 small bell red pepper
- 2 sliced ribs celery
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) whole milk,divided
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except milk,cornstarch,sugar and seasoning. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Discard pork hocks.
In a blender,combine,combine soup and 1 cup of whole milk. Blend until smooth and return mixture to slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 10 minutes. Stir in combined remaining whole milk,cornstarch and sugar,stirring 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.