Slow Cooker Spicy Shrimp and Rice Stew
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker spicy shrimp and rice stew.Shrimp with spices and vegetables cooked in slow cooker.
- 2 cups (500 ml) reduced-sodium and fat-free chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz (420 g)) diced tomatoes,undrained
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot,peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery,chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups cooked white rice,warm
- 1 pound 9480 g) raw medium shrimp,peeled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except shrimp,rice,salt and black pepper. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours,adding rice and shrimp during last 15 minutes.
Discard bay leaf. Season to taste with salt,black and cayenne pepper.