Baked Lamb and Apricot Casserole2020-09-13
- Cuisine: Greek
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4 serving plates
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 60m
- Ready In: 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
Baked lamb and apricot casserole. Lamb with spices and dry red wine cooked in a halogen (turbo) oven. Quick and delicious! Are you looking for more quick and easy turbo oven recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Turbo Oven Recipes
You may also like Grilled Veal in Turbo Oven
Baked Lamb and Apricot Casserole
- 1 oz (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless lamb, diced
- 3 teaspoons hot chili paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 10 oz (300 ml) dry red wine
- 2 pounds (960 g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 pounds(960 g) frozen chickpeas, drained
- 2½ cups (400 ml) hot water
- 2½ oz (75 g) dried apricots, chopped
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
In frying pan, preheat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add onion, garlic and lamb and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
Add hot chili paste and stir well for 2 minutes.
Place the lamb mixture in a casserole dish. Add all remaining ingredients, except coriander leaves. Stir well to combine.
Cover tightly with a casserole lid.
Preheat halogen (turbo) oven to 400 F (200 C). Place casserole on the low rack of preheated oven and cook for 50 minutes.
Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Serve baked lamb and apricot casserole with freshly chopped coriander and a side dish of sour cream.