Baked Mushroom Souffle
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Baked mushroom souffle.Very delicious meal baked in oven.
- 5 tablespoons butter,melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups (370 ml) hot milk
- 3/4 pound (360 g) mushrooms,thinly sliced
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 eggs,separated
In a pan,combine 4 tablespoons of melted butter and flour. Blend well.
Add the hot milk slowly,stirring constantly,until it comes to boil. In a frying pan,combine remaining melted butter and mushrooms.
Sprinkle the cayenne pepper,salt ,black pepper and chopped parsley over mushrooms. Simmer,uncovered on low heat for about 5 minutes,turning occasionally.
In a blender,combine 6 egg yolks and mushroom mixture. Blend until smooth and mix with milk mixture.
Beat egg whites until stiff and fold carefully into mixture. Pour into a well-buttered souffle dish.
Preheat oven to 375°F(180°C). Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes.