Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:10 h
- Ready In: 5:40 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Carrot and coriander soup.Delicious soup with fresh vegetables and herbs.Yummy!
- 1 pound fresh carrots,peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery,sliced,plus 2-3 pale leafy tops
- 2 small potatoes,peeled and chopped
- 3¾ cups (950 ml) boiling vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a frying pan,heat sunflower oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Add chopped onion and fry over medium heat for 3-4 minutes,until softened(don't brown!).
Add sliced celery and potatoes to cooked onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for a further 1 minute. Transfer fried vegetables to the ceramic cooking pot.
Pour boiling vegetable stock over fried vegetables. Season with salt and black pepper.
Cover ceramic pot with a lid and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours,or until vegetables are tender.
Finely chop celery tops,reserving 6-8 celery leaves from the leafy tops for the garnish.
In a large pan,melt the remaining butter. Add the ground coriander and fry for about1 minute,stirring constantly.
Reduce the heat to low and add chopped celery tops and fresh coriander. Fry for about 30 seconds. Remove pan from the heat.
Ladle soup into a food processor. Process until smooth.
Pour processed soup into the pan with celery tops and coriander. Stir in the milk and heat until piping hot.
Serve corrat and coriander soup with reserved celery leaves.