Cranberry-Port Pork Roast in Slow Cooker2012-09-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7:00 h
- Ready In : 7:30 h
- 3 pounds(1.300 kg) lean boneless pork loin roast
- 1 can (355 ml) cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) port of cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon,thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 garlic clove,finely minced
- 2 tablespoons diced candied ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- cooked rice
Arrange roast pork in slow cooker.
In a medium bowl combine cranberry sauce,port of cranberry juice,and sugar. Stir in lemon,raisins, minced garlic,mustard,salt and ground black pepper. Spoon cranberry mixture over pork roast.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.
Remove pork roast from slow cooker. Cover in foil to keep it warm.
Add 3 cups of cooking juices to medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Dissolve cornstarch in cold water,using a cup. Stir into saucepan. Cook stirring occasionally,until thickened. Serve pork roast with sauce and rice.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe