Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Creamy cauliflower soup.Pan cooked creamy vegetable soup.Very tasty and easy recipe.
- 1 large cauliflower,trimmed,separated into florets
- 1 small onion,peeled and finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 oz (60 g) butter,melted
- 2 oz (60 g) plain flour
- 3/4 pint (400 ml) milk
- dash seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- fresh dill,chopped
Place cauliflower and chopped onion into pan of boiling salted water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Drain,reserving 3/4 pint (400ml) cooking liquid. Mash half cauliflower and onion.
In a large saucepan,combine melted butter,flour,milk and reserved cooking liquid. Add a pinch of lamb seasoning salt,dried herbs,nutmeg and pulped and whole cauliflower and onion. Simmer for 7-10 minutes.Taste and adjust seasoning.
In a warmed saucepan,combine egg yolk and cream. Mix well and pour in soup. Serve creamy cauliflower soup with chopped dill.