Easy Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Servings : 6 soup bowls
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Easy cheddar broccoli soup recipe.This cheddar broccoli soup is the beast soup I ever ate.Very easy and tasty vegetarian meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 rib celery,chopped
- 1 carrot,peeled and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion,peeled adn chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves,crushed
- 3 ½ cups (875 ml) low-fat chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups 9480 ml) double cheddar sauce
- 10 oz (300 g) frozen chopped broccoli,thawed adm drained
In a large saucepan,heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots,celery,onion and thyme and cook,stirring,until vegetables are almost tender.
Stir in chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil,then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Transfer cooked mixture to food processor. Process until smooth. Return to saucepan.
Stir in cheddar sauce and broccoli. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until heated through.