Easy Oven Baked Chicken Recipe
- Yield : 6 serving plates
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Easy oven baked chicken recipe.Whole chicken with spicy homemade lime barbecue sauce baked in oven.Very easy and extremely delicious baked chicken recipe.
- 3 (2 ½ pounds) broiler-fryer chickens,quartered
- lime barbecue sauce (recipe follows)
- For LIME BARBECUE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Put quartered chicken pieces in a large bowl. Pour lime barbecue sauce over. Cover and marinate for a few hours.
Preheat the broiler. Place marinated chicken pieces skin-side up on rack 6 inches(15cm) from the broiler heat. Cook until tender,turning and basting often,for about 45 minutes.
Make Lime Barbecue Sauce: In a blender,combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.