Fried Shrimp with Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Fried shrimp with creamy Cajun sauce. Fried shrimp with delicious homemade Cajun sauce and served with French bread. Very easy!
- For the Cajun sauce:1 cup 9250 g) Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup (160 g) tomato ketchup
- 3-4 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- For the Shrimp: 4 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 pound (480 g) fresh large shrimp,peeled and deveined
- Creole seasoning,to taste
- 4 hoagie rolls (Bratwurst buns work great too)
- lettuce leaves
In a mixing bowl,combine all sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth and set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet,over medium heat,heat melted butter. Add minced garlic and cook,stirring,until golden. Add shrimp. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over the shrimp and cook until shrimp is pink.
Remove cooked shrimp from the heat. Split rolls open and divide fried shrimp evenly between each roll. Spread creamy Cajun sauce over shrimp. Top with shredded lettuce leaves and serve.