Grilled Drumsticks with Honey-Chipotle Sauce
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Grilled drumsticks with honey-chipotle sauce. Grilled chicken drumsticks with delicious homemade honey-chipotle sauce.You can use this smoky, sweet and spicy BBQ sauce for pork ribs. Adapted from http://www.nuggetmarket.com
- 8 drumsticks (about 2 pounds (960 g)).
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- FOR the SAUCE:1/2 red onion,peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup(60 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 g) tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 g) clear honey
- half of 7 oz (210 g) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 28 oz (840 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon liquid Barbecue Smoke®
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat gas grill or barbecue. Using paper towel,dry chicken drumsticks. Season with salt and black pepper.
Cook in preheated grill on low heat. After chicken drumsticks reach an internal temperature of 165º F (85 C), brush with honey-chipotle sauce. Turn chicken every minute for another 3 minutes. Remove from grill, place on platter and serve with extra sauce.
HONEY_CHIPOTLE SAUCE: Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan. Add diced onion and saute until translucent.
Add remaining sauce ingredients ,reduce heat to low and simmer?stirring occasionally,until sauce has thickened,for about 1 hour. Remove from the heat,set aside and allow to cool completely.
Pour cooled sauce into a blender. Blend until smooth. Store in refrigerator for up to 30 days.