Instant Pot Hearty Sausage and Bean Cassoulet
- Yield: 10
- Servings: 10
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.8 g
Trans Fat0.1 g
Unsaturated Fat0.3 g
Instant pot hearty sausage and bean cassoulet. In just 5 minutes, you can make this hearty sausage and bean cassoulet dish in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot. It’s a stew that’s perfect to serve over rice.
What are some of the benefits of an instant pot?
The Instant Pot is a multi-cooker that has been gaining popularity in the last few years. It is a kitchen appliance that provides many benefits to the user, including more time and convenience.
Instant Pot benefits include:
– Time-saving: The Instant Pot can save up to 70% of cooking time when compared to traditional cooking methods
– Convenience: The Instant Pot is easy to use and clean up, which means fewer dishes for the user
– Variety: With the Instant Pot, you can prepare anything from soups, stews, risotto, rice pudding, and more
What can be added to the sausage and bean cassoulet?
The sausage and bean cassoulet is a classic dish that is easy to make. In this recipe, I am adding some vegetables to the beans and sausage. This makes the dish more nutritious and more interesting.
The following are some vegetables that can be added to the sausage and bean cassoulet:
What else can I cook in an instant pot?
Instant Pot has become one of the most popular kitchen appliances in recent years. It has been widely used in the US and Canada and has been introduced to many other countries around the world.
The instant pot cooking method is similar to pressure cooking but without using pressure. The food cooks faster than with traditional methods because the steam created from boiling water condenses on the lid of the pot, creating an environment where heat can be transferred more efficiently.
Instant pot Hearty Sausage and Bean Cassoulet
- 1 pound (480 g) Italian mild saisages, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 8 cups (2 L) chicken broth
- 3 cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 14½ oz 9435 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
In an electric instant pot turned to saute mode, cook sausage and onion until browned. Pour in the chicken broth and deglaze the pot by scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the cooker.
Stir in beans, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and bay leaf. Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid. Discard bay leaf. Stir in tomatoes. Serve hot.