Oven Baked Beef with Mustard-Mushroom Sauce
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:00 h
- Ready In: 2:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
Oven baked beef with mustard-mushroom sauce. Beef with herbs and mushrooms cooked in the oven and served with delicious homemade mustard sauce.
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless beef roast,fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz (180g) chanterelle mushrooms
- 8 oz (240 ml) carton dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup(60 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
Heat cooking oil in a dutch oven. Add beef roast and brown on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat.
In a small mixing bowl,combine beef broth,thyme,marjoram and black pepper. Stir well and and pour mixture over meat. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. reduce heat to low and simmer,covered,for 1 ¼ hours.
Stir in mushrooms.return to a boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Transfer cooked meat and mushrooms to serving platter. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm.
For sauce:Skin fat from juices. Add enough water to equal 1 1/3 cups liquid. Return to Dutch oven.
In a mixing bowl,combine sour cream,mustard and all-purpose flour. Mix well and stir mustard mixture into juices in Dutch oven. Cook,stirring,over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook for a further 1 minute. Pour sauce over meat and serve.