Oven Baked Brownie and Walnut Pie
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:20 h
- Ready In : 1:35 h
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz (90 g) unsweetened chocolate,cut up
- 3 large eggs,lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 9 oz (270 g) unbaked pastry shell
- caramel ice cream topping
- coffee or vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
To make a filling,in a heavy,small saucepan,combine unsalted butter and chocolate. Melt over low-heat,stirring frequently. Set aside and cool for 20 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl,combine beaten eggs,sugar,all-purpose flour and vanilla extract. Mix well. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture and walnuts. Pour filling into pastry shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes,or until toothpick inserted in the center of pie comes out clean. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack.
Using a sharp knife,slice brownie and walnut pie. Drizzle each slice with caramel topping. Serve with ice cream.