Oven Baked Fruit and Nut Cake2020-08-31
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:00 h
- Ready In: 2:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 4 oz (120 g) sugar
- 4 oz (120 g) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 7½ oz(225 g) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2½ oz (75 g) dried figs,finely chopped
- 2½ oz (75 g) apricots
- 1¾ oz (50 g) glazed cherries
- 1¾ oz (50 g) candied pineapple,finely chopped
- 3/4 oz (25 g) candied peel,finely chopped
- 1¾ oz (50 g) dates
- 3¹⁄³ oz (100 g) raisins
- 2¹⁄³ oz (75 g) almonds,chopped
- 1¾ oz (50 g) hazelnuts,chopped
- 3 eggs,beaten
In a mixer,combine the sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
In a mixing bowl,combine eggs and vanilla essence. Beat well and to creamed mixture.
Sift the dry ingredients and fold into the cake mixture until thoroughly combined. Add chopped dried and candied fruits to the cake mixture.Stir well.
Preheat turbo oven to 347°F(175°C).
Pour batter into a lined cake tin. Place cake on the low grilling rack and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Serve oven baked candied fruit and nut cake with a cup of tea.