Oven Baked Red Velvet Cookies2015-02-16
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Oven baked red velvet cookies.Very delicious and easy dessert recipe.
- 2¼ cups (560 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz 9240 g) cream cheese,softened
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 1 Tablespoon red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 cup (125 g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter,softened
In a medium mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,granulated sugar,cocoa and baking powders and salt. Stir well and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl,combine cream cheese and softened butter. Beat until smooth. Add beaten egg and food coloring and stir well.
Add dry mixture to cream cheese mixture. Mix until dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C). Place caster sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch(2.5 cm) balls and then roll each ball in caster sugar.
Grease baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place powdered balls on a greased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Remove baked red velvet cookies from the oven and let cool completely.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe