Oven Baked Rib Eye Roast with Beer Mushroom Gravy2020-06-22
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1:45 h
- Ready In: 1:55 h
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat7.2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat6.5 g
Oven baked rib eye roast with beer mushroom gravy. Oven baked beef roast with delicious homemade beer mushroom gravy.
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 rib eye roast
- For Beer Mushroom Gravy:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (480 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 oz (360 ml) bottle beer
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 1½ oz (45ml) package dry onion soup mix
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine dry mustard, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well and rub over roast.
Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
Place roast on a rack over broiler pan. Cook meat in a preheated oven for 1-1½ hours.
Remove cooked roast to a carving board, cover with aluminum foil and allow cooling before carving (for about 15 minutes).
While meat is roasting, prepare beer mushroom gravy. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes more. Stir in remaining ingredients (beer, water, tomato juice, and onion soup mix). Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until onions have softened. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.