Oven Baked Shrimp with Tomato and Feta
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Oven baked shrimp with tomato and feta.Raw shrimp with vegetables and feta cheese cooked in oven.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and finely chopped
- 28 oz (840 ml) can plum tomatoes,drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a large nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic.Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened but not browned.
Add tomatoes,wine,parsley,oregano,salt and pepper. Cook until thickened,for about 8-10 minutes. Remove mixture from the heat and add shrimp.
Spoon into 8-inch(2l) square baking dish. Sprinkle feta over all. Set oven temperature to 325°F (160°C).
Cook for 20-25 minutes until shrimp is pink. Serve oven baked shrimp hot.