Oven Cooked Lamb Shanks
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:20 h
- Ready In : 1:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- olive oil for braising
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 leek,roughly chopped
- 1 celery sticks,roughly chopped
- 2 carrots,peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 onions,peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 whole head of garlic,cloves separated but unpeeled
- 1½ cups (370 ml) dry red wine
- 1 pint (600ml) chicken stock
In a casserole dish heat the olive oil until oil is sizzling. Add the lamb shanks and cook,turning occasionally,until brown. Remove cooked lamb from the casserole,using slotted spoon.
Add the leek,celery,carrots,onion and garlic. Cook for 10-15 minutes,until soften.
Top cooked vegetables with lamb shanks. Add the red wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil
Transfer casserole dish to the lower grill of turbo oven. Cover with a foil,set turbo oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Cook for 1 hour.