Oven Cooked Spicy Stuffed Peppers
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Oven cooked spicy stuffed peppers.Meat-stuffed bell peppers cooked in halogen (turbo) oven.
- 1 pound (480 g) minced pork,lamb,beef or chicken(dark meat only)
- 7 oz (210 g) cooked rice
- 1 celery stalk,trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1 medium onion,peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- large pinch of dried herbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- handful of parsley,finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 2 large red bell peppers,halved and deseeded
- large knob of butter
- sour cream,for garnish
In a mixing bowl,combine all ingredients,except the peppers,butter and sour cream. If the meat is very lean,add more olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper,and mix well.
Place the pepper halves in a flat dish and stuff with meat mixture. Dot with the butter and put a splash of water in the dish to keep the bottoms from catching.
Cook at 400°F(199°C) at the bottom of turbo oven until meat is fully cooked and top nicely browned(about 20-25 minutes). Top oven cooked spicy stuffed peppers with sour cream. Serve immediately.