Oven Roast Veal with Cherry Sauce
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Ready In: 55m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 3-4 lb (1.8 kg) veal cutlets
- 1/2 pound (240 g) fresh cherries,pitted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (125 ml) chicken stock
- pinch of powdered cardamon
- pinch of powdered cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- freshly squeezed juice from half of lemon
- freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Brush roast veal with corn oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Brush remaining oil on the bottom of a roasting pan. Put pan in the oven. When oil becomes hot enough,add veal to the pan.
Cook until browned for 20 minutes. Turn heat to low (350°F-180°C). Cook for 20-25 minutes or until done to taste. Baste occasionally with cooking juices.
20 Minutes before oven roast veal is done,sprinkle with cardamon and cinnamon. Brush oven roast veal with orange and lemon juice. Arrange oven roast veal on a serving platter. Put pan over two burners set a high heat. Add wine,chicken stock,cherries,and sugar. Reduce liquid by half and season.