Pressure Cooker Drunken Clams
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 14m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups (500 ml) pale ale
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) fresh clams,scrabbed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook,stirring,until fragrant,for about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped fresh basil. Add water,beer,chicken broth,wine and lemon juice. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
Arrange a trivet and steamer basket in pressure cooker. Place clams in basket. Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce the burner heat to low. Set timer to cook for 4 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Discard any clams that have not opened.
Using a tongs,transfer cooked clams to serving bowl. Pour cooking liquid over. Serve immediately.