Pressure Cooker Tomato Tortellini Soup2016-04-19
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Pressure cooker tomato tortellini soup.Delicious soup cooked in pressure cooker.Homemade tomato soup comes together quickly in the pressure cooker and is even more delicious when made with canned organic tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot,peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 L) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28 oz (840 ml) can tomato puree
- 9 oz (270 g) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2–ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice,undrained
In pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped and onion and cook,stirring,until soften,for about 5 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and cook,stirring,until fragrant,30-60 seconds. Add carrots,chicken stock and red pepper flakes. Stir in tomato puree,diced tomatoes with their juice and tortellini.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set a timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker and set aside for 10 minutes.
Stir in chopped fresh basil and let stand for a further 2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe