Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes2022-07-01
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Ready In: 15m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.6 g
Trans Fat0.8 g
Unsaturated Fat0.2 g
Pressure cooker turkey sloppy Joe’s. Ground turkey breasts with beer and spices cooked in a pressure cooker. This is great football-watching food.
Explaining Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe’s
Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe’s is a delicious twist on the classic Sloppy Joe recipe that has been a family favorite for generations. This recipe uses ground turkey breasts, which are a healthier alternative to ground beef, and a pressure cooker to cook the meat quickly and easily.
The result is a flavorful and juicy filling that is perfect for sandwiches or served over rice. I’d like to explore the recipe for Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe’s, the benefits of using a pressure cooker for cooking ground turkey breasts, and some final thoughts on this tasty dish.
So, let’s get started!
Ingredients and Steps for Making Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe’s
– ground turkey
– extra virgin olive oil
– yellow onion
– chili powder
– dry mustard
– tomato paste
– brown sugar
– Pilsner-style beer
– Worcestershire sauce
– salt and black pepper
– green onions
1. Turn on the pressure cooker and select the sauté function. Add olive oil to the pot.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until they are soft.
3. Stir in minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
4. Add ground turkey breast to the pot and cook until it’s no longer pink.
5. Stir in chili powder, salt, black pepper, and dry mustard. Add the tomato paste, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour in the beer and stir well to combine.
6. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and set it to high pressure for 8 minutes.
7. Once the cooking time is over, release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick-release method to release any remaining pressure.
8. Open the lid and give the mixture a good stir.
9. Serve the sloppy joe mixture on hamburger buns.
Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe’s!
Benefits of Using a Pressure Cooker for Cooking Ground Turkey Breasts
Using a pressure cooker to cook ground turkey breasts has several benefits. Firstly, it significantly reduces the cooking time compared to traditional stovetop methods. This is because the high pressure and temperature inside the cooker allow the meat to cook faster and more evenly.
Secondly, pressure cooking helps to retain the nutrients and flavors of the turkey. The sealed environment prevents the loss of moisture and flavor that can occur during other cooking methods. As a result, your Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe’s will be more flavorful and nutritious.
Lastly, using a pressure cooker is a convenient way to cook meals. Once you have added all the ingredients to the pot, you can simply set the timer and let the cooker do the rest. This means you can focus on other tasks while your meal cooks, making it perfect for busy weeknights or when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
Overall, using a pressure cooker to cook ground turkey breasts is a great way to save time, retain nutrients and flavors, and make cooking more convenient.
Final Thoughts on Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe’s
In conclusion, Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe’s is a delicious twist on a classic dish that can be easily prepared in a pressure cooker. This recipe offers a healthier alternative to traditional sloppy joes by using lean ground turkey breasts and fresh ingredients. By using a pressure cooker, you can save time and energy while still achieving tender and juicy meat. Plus, the added convenience of one-pot cooking makes cleanup a breeze. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love!
Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound (480 g) ground turkey breast
- 1/2 pound (240 g) ground turkey thigh
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 oz (180 ml) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 oz (360 ml) bottle Pilsner-style beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 soft buns, toasted
- chopped green onions for garnish
Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker turned sauté mode Add chopped onion and cook, stirring, for a few minutes, until softened.
Stir in ground turkey and garlic. Stir to break up the meat and combine with garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in chili powder, salt, black pepper, and dry mustard. Cook for a further 1 minute to brown the chili. Stir in tomato paste, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour in the beer and stir well to combine.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Using The Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully open the pressure cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve spooned onto toasted buns.