Pressure Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Ready In: 15m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yello onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 pound (480 g) ground turkey breast
- 1/2 pound (240 g) ground turkey thigh
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 oz (180 ml) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 oz (360 ml) bottle Pilsner-style beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 soft buns,toasted
- chopped green onions for garnish
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,for a few minutes until soften.
Stir in ground turkey and garlic. Stir to break up the meat and combine with garlic and onion. Cook,stirring occasionally,until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in chili powder,salt,black pepper and dry mustard. Cook for a further 1 minute to brown the chili. Stir in tomato paste,brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour in beer and stir well to combine.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the burner temperature to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve spooned onto toasted buns.