Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Prosciutto wrapped shrimp.Shrimp wrapped in prosciutto with delicious sauce is excellent appetizer.
- 1 pound(480 g) raw shrimp,shelled and deveined
- small sage leaves
- 3-5 oz(90-150 g) prosciutto,cut into 4-inches(10 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter,melted
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup(180 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
Wrap the shrimp up in the prosciutto along with one small sage leaf. Secure with toothpick to hold the prosciutto on.
In a medium pan,preheat olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for,about 3 minutes per side. Set cooked shrimp aside.
In a frying pan,combine melted butter and sage leaves. Cook until leaves just start to change a darker color. Pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
Add dry white to the pan,deglaze and simmer until it has reduced by half. Add lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from the heat,stirring until butter melts.
Season sauce with salt and black pepper,to taste. Crumble cooked sage leaves,add to sauce and stir well.
Serve prosciutto wrapped shrimp with dipping homemade sauce.