Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Quinoa stuffed peppers.This is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes.Bell peppers stuffed with cooked quinoa and vegetables.Very easy and healthy!
- 2 bell peppers,cored,seeded,tops removed and reserved
- 2 cups(500 g) cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and finely chopped
- half of small onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup(250 g) kale,finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 6 cherry tomatoes,chopped
- 1/4 cup(60 g) finely chopped cilantro
- 1 celery stalk,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
Preheat oven to 400ºF(199ºC).
Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange pepper tops and bottom. Cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
In medium-size pan,combine 1 tablespoon olive oil,thyme,garlic,onion and kale. Cook over medium-high heat until kale is tender(3-4 minutes).
Turn heat off,add white wine vinegar and seasoning. Stir well and set mixture aside.
In a large mixing bowl,combine cooked quinoa,walnuts,chopped tomatoes,cilantro and celery. Mix well;add kale mixture and stir well.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil,balsamic vinegar. Stir well and add salt and black pepper to taste.
Stuff each pepper with quinoa mixture and cover with reserved tops. Serve quinoa stuffed peppers warm.