Roast Pork with Mashed Potatoes in Slow Cooker
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Roast pork with mashed potatoes in slow cooker. Pork roast with mashed potatoes cooked in slow cooker.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 pound (480 g) sweet potatoes,peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces(2.5 cm)
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken brot
In small bowl,combine first six ingredients. Mix well.
Remove fat from roast pork. Rub roast all over with fennel seed mixture. Cut roast pork to fit into 3½ or 4-quart slow cooker. Set aside.
Set aside. Arrange sweet potatoes in slow cooker. Top with roast pork. Pour chicken broth over mixture in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker.
Cook on low-heat for 8-10 hours or on high-heat for 4-5 hours. Transfer roast pork to cutting board. Slice roast.
Using slotted spoon,transfer potatoes to the bowl. Reserve liquid.Mash sweet potatoes with potato masher,adding the cooking liquid. Serve roast pork with mashed potatoes.