Saffron Pasta with Spring Vegetables
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Main Dish, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner, Child Friendly
- Add to favorites
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Saffron pasta with spring vegetables.Cooked Italian pasta with vegetables.Very simple and tasty pasta recipe.
- For the Saffron Pasta:
- 8 threads saffron
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 large eggs,lightly beaten
- For the Vegetables:
- 1/2 pound (240 g) broccoli,divided into florets and peeled the stalk
- 1/2 small zucchini,diced
- 1/4 pound (120 g) snow peas,washed
- 1/2 pound (240 g) green asparagus,lower third of spears peeled and cut into 3
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Infuse the saffron threads in 1 tablespoon hot water. Put all-purpose flour and salt in a heap on a work surface. Make a well in the center and add the egg yolks,eggs and saffron liquid. Whisk the eggs into flour,using a fork,add a water if necessary.
Knead to a smooth,glossy dough. Form the dough into a ball,wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
Bring some salted water to a boil and blanch the vegetables in batches for 3-5 minutes. Drain each batch,refresh in iced water and drain thoroughly.
Roll out dough thinly,by hand or in a pasta machine and cut into strips. Cook in boiling,salted water.Drain well.
Preheat olive oil in a deep skillet until it foams,add vegetables and stir. Add the vegetable broth and seasoning and cook for 3 minutes. Add the drained saffron pasta and mix well. Trim the chives and sprinkle over the pasta and vegetables. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.