Sangrita shooter.Nonalcoholic spicy mixed drink.
- 3 pounds(1.450 kg) ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 1 cup (250 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Agave syrup
Place a large sieve over glass bowl with a pouring spout and line with two layers of dampened cheesecloth. In a blender,working in batches,combine tomatoes,jalapeno,cilantro and juices. Blend well then pour mixture into sieve.
When most of the liquid has passed through,collect the corners of the cheesecloth and twist to form a tight ball. Using your hands,squeeze out remaining liquid. Discard solids and season with salt,to taste.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve sangrita shooter very cold.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe