Slow Cooker Beef and Red Bean Chili
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 12:00 h
- Ready In : 12:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 cup (250 ml) dried red beams,rinsed and drained
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless beef chuck pot roast,trimmed and cut into 1-inch(2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and coarsely chopped onion
- 15 oz (450 ml) can tomato sauce
- 15 oz (450 ml) can diced tomatoes and green chilies,undrained
- 15 oz (450 ml) can low-sodium beef broth
- 2-3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce,finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano,crushed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 cup snipped fresh cilantro
In a large saucepan,combine red beans and enough water to cover beans by 2 inches (5 cm). Bring to a boil,reduce heat and simmer,uncovered,for 10 minutes. Remove from heat,cover and set aside for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the meat and chopped onion. Cook until browned.
With a slotted spoon transfer mixture to 3½-4 quart(3½-4 L) slow cooker. Repeat with remaining meat. Stir the remaining ingredients,except red sweet pepper and cilantro,into mixture in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours. Top each serving with snipped fresh cilantro and finely chopped red sweet pepper.