Slow Cooker Bourbon Street Soup2022-09-02
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.0 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.0 g
Slow cooker Bourbon Street soup. Delicious hearty soup with spices and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Okra, rice, tomatoes, and crushed red pepper add Southern accent to this soup.
Looking for more easy and tasty slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Bourbon Street Soup
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1 pound (480 g) lean beef stew meat, cubed
- 28 oz (840 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) stewed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long-grain rice
- 1 ½ cups whole kernel corn
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh okra
- hot pepper sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except rice, corn, okra, and seasoning. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, adding remaining ingredients during the last hour.
Add hot pepper sauce, to taste. Serve slow cooker Bourbon Street soup hot.