Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) skinless chicken thighs,bone-in
- 2 oz (60 ml) bottle hot pepper sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Blue Cheese Spread (recipe follows)
- 8 7-8 inches (18-20 cm) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups (500 g) thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup (250 g) finely shredded carrots
- For Blue Cheese Spread:1/2 cup (125 ml) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and quartered
To make Blue Cheese Spread: In a food processor,combine all ingredients. Process until smooth. Set mixture aside.
Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.
In a small mixing bowl,combine hot pepper sauce,paprika and ground black pepper. Mix well and pour over chicken.
Close slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours or until chicken thighs are cooked through.
Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker and discard cooking liquid. When chicken is cool,remove meat from bones;discard bones. Using two forks,shred chicken.
Spread 2 tablespoons homemade Blue Cheese Spread onto each tortilla. Top with celery,carrots and shredded chicken. Roll-up from the bottoms and serve.