Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Chowder
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cans (17 oz (510 ml) )) cream-style corn
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups shredded,reduced-fat pepper-jack cheese
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine chicken broth,corn,cubed chicken breasts and onion. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Stir in combined milk and cornstarch,stirring 2-3 minutes. Add cheese and stir well until melted. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Turn off slow cooker. Ladle soup into soup bowls and serve immediately.