Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts in Mushroom Gravy2021-06-10
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 4:15 h
- Ready In: 4:30 h
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
5 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.4 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.9 g
Slow cooker chicken breasts in mushroom gravy. Chicken breasts with delicious mushroom gravy cooked in a slow cooker. Very easy and delicious! Are you looking for more easy and delicious slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Introduction: Learn How to Make Perfect Chicken Breasts in Mushroom Gravy Recipe.
In this recipe, the key to making moist and tender chicken breasts is to cook them in a slow cooker. There are many benefits of using this cooking method, including the fact that it allows you to put your hands on other things while the chicken is cooking.
Making perfect chicken breasts in mushroom gravy is easy with these tips and tricks:
– Use a good quality low-sodium broth (such as Better Than Bouillon) instead of water or broth for better flavor.
– Place all ingredients into your slow cooker in order of liquids, then flour mixture, then eggs followed by breadcrumbs. This will make sure you get the proper texture
.- Make sure to stir the ingredients before putting them in the slow cooker and then stirring occasionally during cooking time. This will help prevent clumps from forming in the sauce or chicken mixture.
– Do not discard leftover gravy but put it into a microwave-safe container and heat for about 20 seconds to reheat when needed.
Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts in Mushroom Gravy
- 4 large chicken breasts, boned and skinned,cut lengthwise into thin cutlets
- olive oil
- 8 oz (240 g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsalted melted butter
- 1/3 cup (80g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped green onions
Season both sides of chicken cutlets with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add seasoned chicken cutlets to hot oil and sear on both sides. Remove seared chicken cutlets from the skillet and set them aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add sliced mushrooms, melted butter, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and sauté, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Stir in all-purpose flour and cook for a further 2 minutes. Gently pour chicken broth into the mushroom mixture. Stir well and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until gravy is thickened and smooth.
Place seared chicken cutlets in the slow cooker. Pour mushroom gravy over the meat. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
Remove cooked chicken from the slow cooker. Transfer to a serving platter. Pour over mushroom gravy, then sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve immediately.