Slow Cooker Chicken Meatball Soup2021-12-17
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.7 g
Slow cooker chicken meatball soup. Delicious vegetable soup with chicken meatballs cooked in a slow cooker. You may also like Beef and Rice Soup, another delicious soup cooked in a crock pot (slow cooker).
Slow Cooker Chicken Meatball Soup
- 4 cups (2 L) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cups (250 g) chopped yellow onion,1 cup(250 g) whole-grain rice
- chicken meatballs (recipe follows)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chunked
- 1 cup buckwheat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For Chicken Meatballs:
- 2 pounds (960 g) gound chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups (370 g) fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except seasoning. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
For Chicken Meatballs:In a mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Mix well. Shape into 40 meatballs.