Slow Cooker Chicken Meatball Soup
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Slow cooker chicken meatball soup. Delicious vegetable soup with chicken meatballs cooked in slow cooker.
- 4 cups (2 L) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cups (250 g) chopped yellow onion,1 cup(250 g) whole-grain rice
- chicken meatballs (recipe follows)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For Chicken Meatballs:2 pounds (960 g) gound chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups (370 g) fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
For Chicken Meatballs:In a mixing bowl,combine all meatball ingredients. Mix well. Shape into 40 meatballs.