Slow Cooker Eggplant-Tomato Stew Recipe2022-12-10
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
7 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0 g
Slow cooker eggplant-tomato stew recipe. A very easy and tasty vegetarian stew with tomatoes, eggplants, and garbanzo beans cooked in a slow cooker. Looking for more easy and delicious slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Eggplant-Tomato Stew Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1½ cups sliced carrots
- 15 oz (450 ml) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable broth
- 6 oz (180 ml) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Stir well.
Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for 8-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Discard bay leaf. Stir the stew well before serving. Serve hot.